Friday 12 April 2013

The Virgin Epidemic

This post is much directed to the ladies, as for the guys (sadly no one cares, and virgin dudes are considered socially inept, so lets not go there) =P

The Lady Behind The Pink Film


This has long been a taboo and awkward question to ask someone, especially the ladies. DUH!
So lets gather our courage, 
Take a deep breath,
Blurt out! (and run! hahaha, then you won't get the answer lol)

Are you a virgin?



As far as many of you are concerned, YES YOU! 
Virginity is much of a physical thing, where Grade 7 science would teach you that when a hymen is broken/ torn (whatever word you'd like to use) during sexual intercourse, you lose your virginity.

So basically, Virgin > Non-virgin = Sex
(That's what happens scientifically)

Then what happens if the sex is non-consensual, like rape?
(This is non-sexual, but apparently you could tear your hymen via rough activities. Oooo)

In my opinion (woooo, very academic hahaha), I regard virginity as a psychosocial life interference, and focus less on the physical side. Why so?

There are many people I have encountered, chose abstinence. However, all of them are God fearing/loving (heh, doubt it) people. 
Many people chose to be abstinent because the *insert name of Holy Book here* says so. If they weren't directly influenced by their religion, would they still have committed?

Secondly, it society around us also affects the way we look, eat, behave, and think. 
So is society to blame?
I believe so. 

If one comes from a conservative society, they are greatly pressured by the weight of the social expectations and norms (that may consider non-virgins "before marriage, duh" as lowly people without self respect/preservation); yet in reverse, virgins may be considered queers or weird people by an open faceted community.

It all boils down to this.
Is there anybody else who does not struggle between the fine lines of religion, and social conformity (like me =D, I am very weird ahaa) 
have an unbiased stand to the right of reserving virginity/ losing it in certain manners and matters.

Please do share it with us in the comments below. Post as anonymous, if you're afraid of the society.

=]



Erratic Behaviour

1 comment:

  1. I'll start first. Whoosh!

    Hi I'm David, and I'm unafraid of how the menacing society views me. So lets start.

    I personally think that we reserve the right to hold onto our virginity, not because "its the right thing to do", but mainly due to the concern that it would be fair for the both parties (dude/chick), if both are virgins.

    That's if both are virgins.

    If not, to hell with it I'd suppose.

    Furthermore, I would hold onto my virginity like a boy and his favourite kite. It belongs to me, and you have no right to take it from me, UNLESS I'm keen on sharing.

    That makes me a weirdo too I guess, but so be it.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete