Friday 16 March 2012

ME!

              Abroad the First Time??? Nope.
Alone? Yup.
Anyway, this isn’t about my status. It’s about ME!

            Everyone lives their life to suit their personal personalizations. Some may choose to stay at home for the rest of their lives, doing the same boring routine over and over again for the rest of their lives, but not me.
            I’m not the type of person that would ever be able to sit tight and endure a boring lecture. When I get bored, I would entertain myself one way or another. It doesn’t matter if I get into trouble for it. I’m more of a “just go with it” person. For those of you who know me well enough, you’d understand; but for those of you, who are alien to my quirky nature, allow me to introduce myself.
            When you first seen me, you would have thought to yourself, “Hmmm, I should stay away from him. He’s just a troublemaker” or, you would have thought, “Heyy, this guy seems cool. I like his interesting hairstyles complimented by his not-so-good-looking face and nerdy specs that slide right down his nose like the old math teacher in my school.”
Well, there you go. Have fun figuring out who I am and what I look like; but once you’ve recognized me and known my identity, please don’t expose me. Let others have the fun of guessing, and I do like to keep a low profile. I’m shy, when we’ve just met, but when we’re warming up to each other; aha! You’ll see what I’m really like.
            I don’t go round sharing my thoughts and pouring my heart out to anyone I meet; but to you, I’m alright. After all, you’re special and deserved to be treated on a rollercoaster ride through my fascinating, erratic, and upside down world!



            Let’s start with music. Everyone likes music, but I don’t.
            I love it. =)
I listen to all sorts of music. What music do you listen to? Rock? Pop? Country? Blues? R&B? Classical? Hip Hop? Metal core? Death/Thrash/Industrial Metal? There are all sorts of genre’s out there and you can’t expect me to list them all out for you. =P
Personally, I think that it doesn’t matter what music you listen to. What matters is whether you appreciate it or not. I consider music is a form of art; where the guitar riffs and solos in a heavy metal song is a kind of abstract art, like Picasso’s artworks (the one with weird looking people). Rap music is like telling a story by combining it with the different elements of techno and beats. It’s like the Chinese’s “Rao Kou Ling” and the “Zhu Ban Kuai Shu” (sorry about not displaying it in Chinese, because I don’t like showing off something that I’m not really good at).

            How about films, shows, and theatrics? Of all the things in the list, I prefer films. Shows are too much of a hassle to catch up with, and theatrics are hard to understand (for me only!).
I watch all genres of movies except horror. I feel that it’s not worth my time and money to be spent in scaring the crap out of myself. I mean, who pays to get something that doesn’t benefit you? Maybe you do, but I’m not stupid enough to. I have better things to do than wasting my life on something useless. Remember that we only live once, unless you believe in reincarnation and Heaven. I don’t believe in anything or anyone except my ability to put myself through the days thrown at me like a jumble of sails on a stormy day. Go and complain, whine, beg or try to talk some “sense” into me, I’m afraid that it wouldn’t work. I have a lot to say about religion, but I’m not here to quarrel with you. I’m here to introduce myself to you and be friends with you.

            Do you care about what others think of you? Be it strangers or family and friends alike; I’m a really stubborn person. When I set my heart in doing and achieving something, it’s really hard to knock me off course (unless you know how to). Anyway, the point is, I’m determined and sometimes overconfident in myself, but don’t be put off that easily. I’m only confident in the fields or specs of things that I’m used to and treat it as a norm. However, sometimes I may seem unperturbed, but actually I’m really worried and nervous, but I keep a so-called “poker face” to keep my cool and not run around the place ranting like a maniac. I used to suffer from panic and nervous breakdowns. I remember the first 3 years of my camping trips were disastrous! Thankfully, I managed to reign in my ADHD nerves and control myself in times of nervousness. I tend to get ticked off easy when I’m in the “poker face” mode as I’m really trying my best to hold my whole being in place and not falling apart at the slightest nudge.
Sorry, but I seemed to have gone off track. I do that all the time. Ooops!
I do care what people think of me, but that’s when I’m feeling down with the Monday blues and when I lack of confidence. I admit that I’m weak sometimes (usually when I’m alone I guess).

            Do I seem to be sensitive and easily hurt at first sight? I think not. I strive my best in covering up my squishy innards from public eyes. I mean, isn’t first impressions of utmost importance? Well, that’s what people always say.
I do have an uncanny ability of “knowing” a person when I’m talking to you. A short conversation is enough to do the trick. In a few verbal exchanges, I’m able to “know” what kind of person you are, and in a way, that’s how I select my friends. I’m the “knowing”. Hahaha =D

            When you read this, you might think I’m relaxing at home, or at some posh café, typing away; but I’m not. In fact, I’m actually tucked away in a cozy corner of the airport with a power socket next to me, just in case I need to resuscitate my dying laptop. People keep staring, but I don’t mind. I’m enjoying myself here pretty much.
Ironically, I’m pouring my heart and soul out into the computer, and to you while listening to Bring Me the Horizon. Haha, they’re quite nice to listen to when I need to think or be with me, me, and me. I really love Atreyu and Bullet for My Valentine too. They’re awesome bands to listen to when you need to process precious information.
*Disclaimer: Please lower the volume before playing any of their music. It’s a little loud and older people (like your parents) might not appreciate it too much.
Oooh, I gotta go. Seems like it’s my turn to check-in my baggage.
*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *
            Aaah, and I’m back. It was a false alarm after all. It’s still really early. I’ve still got another 2 hours with you before I have to go. Everywhere I go, I see old white guys with a balding head and gray wispy moustaches. Some even have curly white hair growing out of their ear holes. Ewww! They remind me of a koala bear. Hahaha! Then there are the old/older white women. Surprisingly, they age pretty fast. With all their superior technology and all, they just couldn’t find the secret formula for the fountain of youth. The younger ones (around 18 to 28) are just gorgeous, but it might be a genetic quirk. All white women I’ve seen (30 and above) seemed to have activated the emergency airbag. Their bellies blossoming outwards and their womanly features seem to really love gravity, get some support please ladies!
            The airport is really busy. People queuing up everywhere and unattended baggage are regarded as bombs. These people….. I don’t understand. It’s like in Tokyo and London where people are always short of time, like Singapore and Switzerland where people work like clockwork toys. It’s like they don’t have a life. Their work is their life; their work is controlling their lives, THEIR WORK IS TAKING OVER THEIR LIVES!!! Save your souls! Don’t fall for the “work trap”. It’s driving people around the world insane!
*P.S.: It might be a global trend now, but whew! I’m glad I’m quite ancient when it comes to trends and fashion, because I like to take my time in doing my things and living my life. I like the slow lane. =)

            It seems like I’m turning this into a diary. Wow.
            Writing a diary doesn’t seem like such a bad idea after all. It’s fun and interesting to explore the nook and crannies of my mind and spew it all out. It’s like having major brain diarrhea that cleanses my mind. Like a refresh button. But the only drawback is that I’m the only one talking. I’m not getting a response of any and I hope it won’t get too lonely or boring for me.
I survive on daily doses of attention. It’s like ADHD but it’s not. I just bore easily and do all sorts of stuff to amuse and humour myself. Time passes so slowly and I’m blazing through my diary, word after word, paragraph after paragraph, and page after page. Yeah, you get the point here don’t you?
            There’s no internet here; well actually there is, but you gotta pay $5 per hour for it, and it’s unsecured. Nah, I’m afraid of hackers hijacking my computer and turning me into a prime suspect. I’m afraid. Very afraid.
It looks sunny and bright outside but in reality, it’s 20.0 ‘C out there. Frightening eh?
It’s getting terribly crowded now. Scores of obese and overweight man and women are packing up the hall. Some have babies with them, but I wonder is it their child or their grandchild? Puzzling questions….
The taxi’s outside are all bright yellow, like the ones in the movies. The normal sedan type taxi charges a whopping $60 for a trip to the city centre. OUCH!
Luckily the glass behind me is tinted, so the great whopper sized people outside can’t see what I’m typing about them.
Once in awhile, a golf cart-like vehicle would buzz around the place scouring the grounds for possible bomb threats. It would emit an ear-splitting screeching sound that really annoys me. Oh great! Here it comes again.
Are my jumbled thoughts messing up your internal workings too? I apologize about that, but you’re the one insisted on reading and understanding the workings of the inner me.
The strict airport security is driving everyone up the wall. The queue doesn’t seem to move and the officials are working at a leisurely pace. I know its strict procedures that must be conducted but hey, people are in a rush you know!

            There are a variety of people here. For instance, there are people like me who tap into their laptops in cozy corners, and there are also people like who can’t wait for the counter to open for baggage drop, because:
1, I really need to use the bathroom and take a wee. I can’t do that with my gigantic luggage next to me.
2, I’m really hungry you know! The last meal I ate was a mushroom roll which contained butter in the pastry (unfortunately for me) at 6am on the plane! I can’t wait to settle down and grab some chow.
3, it’s been a really long day(s). I could do with some sleep on a real bed and change some clothes. Eeeks! I reek =(
Err, that’s about everything. Hehe =P
4, Oh yeah, I forgot about this. I need to shave. I’m starting to look like those typical “chinamen” with two slanting whiskers at the top of my mouth /..\ Hahaha

I don’t think I should sit on the sidebar for too long. I’m afraid it might cause me constipation. Yeuch!
I wonder how it’s like there. The place that I’m going to. Would it be freezing like predicted, or would I be able to wear flip flops daily? I really prefer flip flops. It’s nice. ;)
I think that’s all from me for now. See you later when I’m more settled down. Byee!
*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *

 Erratic Behaviour

No comments:

Post a Comment