Thursday 22 May 2014

Fade To Black



Shredding tyres in the dark,
Spinning, spinning.
I felt my cadence dropping,
Ahead I see the park.

Dropping low, I swerved and wound around the gnarly ancients.
A strange pressing atmosphere in the setting,
My blood chugged sluggishly to my brain,
The heat weaning off my veins.

A sudden wave of stillness hit me.
Time slowed to a snail's pace.
I could hear the whisper of the wind in my ear,
A peculiar rasping voice scratching through the air.

I could smell bacon and eggs!
Fried to a crisp, with no waste left to spare.
Cardamon, oregano and a hint of rosemary,
My my... It's quite a party down there.

Exiting the tunnel of darkness was a spark.
Progressing into a flame then a blinding start.
The faster I spun, the closer it got.
Why! Dear sir, that is a mightily illuminating light.

Curiosity scratched within me, 
Like a creature yearning to break free.
I had to travel past and beyond the light,
I want to know what was behind that cree.

Faster and faster till I feel no more.
Lightness washed upon me as I lifted off the handlebars.
The stagnant cold air felt warm for once,
As I hurtled gracefully without a care.

Dear sirs, do you have any bacon and eggs to spare?


Erratic Behaviour

No comments:

Post a Comment