Monday 27 January 2014

Gucci

*Buzz* Buzz*

A faint bluish light peers through the navel of my trouser pocket while sending tingly vibrations through my right thigh, notifying me of the incoming text message.

Casually, I whipped out my mobile phone and checked who was bothering me at this early moment. Mind you, it was 11am, and I just returned home at 4.30am. Flustered and annoyed, I rubbed my tired eyes and squinted angrily at the screen.

"It can't be! I was right after all!"

Thoughts raced through my mind as I read and reread the text from her.

She has invited me for dinner tonight at 7pm.

* * *

It's 6pm and she did say she would drive herself. Great for me.

The restaurant isn't the kind of place you'd expect to see people donning suits and tuxedos, so I just pulled a pair of jeans and a casual shirt. Should be good enough, after all, it's our second date.

I think of myself as a fairly competent drive, after all, I did pick her up the previous time and there wasn't any complaints. Better go a little earlier to show commitment and how fate has brought us together when we 'arrive' together.

* * *

It's 6.40pm. Where is she?
I should have picked her up. That way, I wouldn't look like a total creep, hanging out in my car watching and waiting for her. Damn, but she insisted. Ah well.... Women.

* * *

Oh there she is. Better walk up behind her and surprise her.

I strode briskly from my car to where she was trying to park. Waiting for her to park, I planned my next moves.

Be cool dude.

When she was done parking, I rushed forward to help her open her door, like a gentleman. Apparently too enthusiastically I acted. Surprised by the darkened figure trying to open her door, she squealed and moved away from her door, towards the passenger seats.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! It's just me!"

I exclaimed with both empty hands raised. Slowly I backed away from her car, and let her regain her composure.

Smooth.

* * *

Gingerly, she pried open her car door and stepped out. Clad in silver studded flats, her feet gently touched the ground. She was wearing a pair of aquamarine denim jeans with a thin leather belt. Her simplistic stylishness was complete with a white sleeveless T-shirt, flaunting her nicely toned arms.

Meekly, she walked towards me and profusely apologised for her silliness. I wasn't paying much attention to her apologies, as I was mesmerized by the contours of her slightly glossed lower lip. The way it reflected the streetlights, and the way it curled when she paused; woah.

* * *

She chose a table in the centre of the room. There wasn't many patrons at 7pm, and the atmosphere was relaxed and crisp. Having brought her to sushi the previous date, I let her have the honours of ordering.

We ended up having Pineapple Fried Rice, Butter Squid, Honey Stout Chicken, and Anchovy Eggplants. Prior to tonight, I had thought upon sharing her meal, the tantalizing thought was not going to happen. I ordered a Strawberry juice that tasted as if it was made from a syrup, rather than actually blended strawberries, but I kept it to myself. She had a warm water, saying that she does not like sweet things.

I am sweet, am I not?

Seeing that she was using her fork and knife to eat her fried rice, I followed in suit, hoping it would give me a fair bit of leverage.
Trying to strike up a conversation, I looked her straight in the eye while she was munching on the eggplants and asked her about her day. Maybe it was private, what she does, or I had presented the question at an inappropriate timing, I was given the cold shoulder. For the rest of the meal, we ate in silence, while I was trying to think about something witty to say.

I probably should have bought something for her today like I did before. That's it! I'll get her something after dinner.

* * *

Whilst I was musing to myself, she excused herself to leave for the ladies room. She might have said something to tell me, but I was not paying attention.

When she returned, she abruptly mentioned that she had to leave.

Leave? So early? It's only 8.10pm! Besides, there's still half of the ordered food left!

I got up to pay for the bill, only to know that she had paid for it on her toilet 'trip'. I offered to split the bill, but she remained indifferent and mum.

To avoid looking like I was dumped and stood up on, I exorbitantly declared that I was meeting up with another group of friends.

She must admire my sociality. With so many people sending me invites, I chose to attend to hers. She should feel privileged.
After thanking me and saying goodnight, she turned and left.

* * *

Ahh... There goes another one. These girls, they're all so stuffy; unable to see past their materialistic natures. Should I text her goodnight and apologise for what I may have done wrong (in her eyes)? I think not. I'm better than her anyway.
Who needs her?

I do,
Erratic Behaviour

No comments:

Post a Comment