Tuesday 28 January 2014

Girl

With all that Gucci gifts, I must find a way to repay him...

A dinner on me? Hmm...

A dinner it is.

* * *


What should I text him without making it awkward?

How should I start? Hi? Hello? Uhh nope...

I'll go with a casual hey. Not too many y's.

"Hey, how are you doing? After last week's lunch, I was thinking I should repay you. Dinner tonight at 7pm?"

Upfront and direct, like he always says.

"Heyy! Sure! Where should we go? You decide =)"

He replies with this. Why so many y's? Is it to show and express his enthusiasm?

Ayyy, the questions...

"Uhmmm... How about dinner Hoo Hee Haa tonight? I can drive myself, so meet me there?"

Simple. Establish dominance. I am awesome!

"kk"

What kind of reply is that!? Yerghh, guys.

* * *

Crap! No parking. Its only 6.40pm heh.
I bet he's not here yet! Hahah

* * *

Oooh look! Parking spot!
Now I've just got to get this whale of a car into this..... There. 

Done.

Just as I was about to reach for the handle, a tall dark figure was approaching me rapidly. He wasn't stopping!

Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap!
What does he want? I don't have any money!
Oh man. He's reaching for the door! Bolt!

In a very unladylike manner, I wiggled my way out of my seat, into the passenger side. Unable to stifle my surprise, I squealed as I was in motion. Luckily, I was clad in jeans instead of the nice dresses when I go for dinner with him. Sheer luck.

Seeing my fear, the dark man retreated slowly while raising his empty hands, signifying himself as a friend. Regaining my composure, I took a careful glimpse of the him in the wavering light.

Oh damn. That's my date tonight.

* * *

Cautiously, I stepped out into the night; braving the currents of pulsing fear jetting through my mind. In my flats-covered feet, I prepped my less than likely self to sprint when danger arose. It was a tense fight or flight moment for me!

Man... He's creepy, coming at me like that.

Shaken and embarrassed, I apologised with a stream of unending words; almost like I was singing, but I don't think he heard me. He just smiled.

* * *

Inside, it was dim and uncomfortable; so I opted to seat at a table for 4 in the centre of the room. Reassuring myself with the warm incandescent light, I steeled myself and said,

"What would you like to order?"

Classic. Am I the waitress now?

He sat in silence, minding his phone; he ignored me.

How dare he!

So I ordered a set of Pineapple Fried Rice, Butter Squid, Honey Stout Chicken, and Anchovy Eggplants. I like brinjal.

For drinks, I went with a warm water to calm myself, whereas he had a strawberry juice that in my opinion, looked rather unappealing.

Finally! An answer from Mr Creepy.

* * *

The fried rice was fairly appetizing, but my favourite had to be the eggplants. Brinjal.

While I was chomping on a large eggplant, he asked me about my day.

While trying to answer, I choked on the eggplant. Spluttering and embarrassed again, I avoided all eye contact with him and shut him off. Clamping from all thoughts, I focussed my mind on swallowing the piece of food lodged in the back of my throat; alive.

Don't talk with your mouth full! I think He is trying to tell me something.

The rest of the dinner was sweet silence. Peace.

* * *

I don't eat much, even if it's my favourite food.
Filling myself up without feeling bloated, I excused myself to the ladies room.

I had to pee.

Mumbling some excuse which I don't think he heard, I fled.

* * *

In the loo while on the bowl, I was planning my escape.

Perfect execution.*Flush*

Exiting the loo, I glanced over at our table and saw that he was fiddling with his phone. Thinking to myself,

I'll just pay now. Sneaky sneaky, then I can bolt from here.

* * *

Returning to the table, he looked surprised that I had left.

"Hey, umm sorry, but I have to leave now."

"Errr, okay. Let me get the bill."

Before I could blurt out proudly that I had already footed the bill, he signalled for our table's server.

When he was told that the bill had been paid by the lovely lady,
Aww thanks *blush*

He insisted to split the bill. Knowing that I was triumphant, I sat calmly and in silence; soaking up the glory of having paid first.

We're done here... Bro.

* * *

Suddenly, he exclaimed that he had to meet friends somewhere for a drink after our dinner. I wasn't sure what he was trying to achieve with that statement, and whether it was directed to me or the entire restaurant (he was rather loud).

I couldn't care less. We were done.

Erratic Behaviour




No comments:

Post a Comment