Tuesday 12 March 2013

Timbuk2 D-Lux Messenger Bag Large (36L) Review

So I needed a new bag. It had to be big, tough, and sexy. Guess what I got?

Timbuk2 D-Lux Messenger Bag Large (36L)
  • 19.7" x 11.8" laptop sleeve
  • Durable ballistic nylon exterior with contrast binding
  • High density foam laptop sleeve with crater holes for breezy air circulation Includes a separate padded area for your tablet
  • Exterior zipper access to laptop and main compartment
  • True fit cam buckle for single-handed adjustments
  • Removable cross strap for stabilisation
  • Coordinating Strap Pad included
  • Colour-coordinated three-zip front organizer
  • Napoleon side entry pocket with zipper
  • Slightly padded internal slash pocket
  • Internal organizer for pens, phones, and other small items
  • Smart Velcro placement for fast, easy closure
  • Red key tether
  • Vista loop for attaching bike lights

Top View


The bag =)

Has a nice gunmetal grey racing stripe on the back

Made with bomb proof balistic (wonder how they test it)
Fully waterproof and its huge, you'll see ;)

It feels nice and tough, yet elegant.
 Lined with waterproof TPU inside.

One of the many mini compartments to put my little knick knacks

The depth of the pockets are astounding.

It has a nifty pocket that allows you to reach for your stuff without opening the bag (best used when raining)
I put my pencil case and bottle there occasionally

Wrist deep haha

It has velcro sides that open up to fit in wider objects

Inside main compartment

That's for your tablet (in my situation, a sketchpad)

Back/Last/Hidden compartment for my documents

I can access to the contents of my bag from the top, without opening the flap

Fully cushioned crater sleeve for my lappie. Fits up to 17", and I no longer need to buy a laptop sleeve.
Convenient =)

Hidden compartment with more mini hidden compartments. Hahah ;)

Internal stationery holders. Can fit in my digital camera and and assorted array of pens

Has flashy reflective thingy, safe at night.
This is how it looks when I filled it with the things below.

2 X 2L Juice, Giant Box of cereal, loaf of bread, and bike lock (behind the cereal)
It can also hold my helmet, dslr, 2 dozens of eggs, and 3 toilet rolls (other combitnations)

Has a cross strap to stabilise it.
Still figuring out the best way to carry the bag, so no photos of how I carry it  =P
Watch this to see a quick breakdown by Timbuk2 themselves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4iy7HqJ4wA

This bag is a godsend =)

Definitely worth buying if you load up your bag daily ( in my case, lots of food =P )
I got mine at Wiggle for about $130 =D

Cheers


Erratic Behaviour

No comments:

Post a Comment